This uses original documents to describe the church’s development and its place in Newark’s life, its many mediaeval chapels and chantries, the use of the spire as a lookout during the Civil War sieges, and the restoration during the nineteenth century.
Part 2 records the many people involved in building and organising the Parish Church. 376pp, numerous illus.
A comprehensive overview. Number 210 of a limited edition of 1000.