isbn 9780850549959 Alan Godfrey Maps, 1998
This very detailed map covers the centre of Newark, and its southern and western outskirts. Coverage stretches from Queen's Road southward to Sconce Hills.
Features include Market Place, St Mary's church, chapels, part of Midland Railway with southern end of station, Castle remains, Flour Mill with railway connection, River Trent, Hospital, Town Hall, chapels, schools, St Catherine's Well, Farndon Field, malthouse, Trent Bridge, Town Wharf Grammar School, Chantry House, The Friary, Devon Bridge etc. On the reverse is included street directory entries for Balderton Gate, Carter Gate, Castle Gate, Kirk Gate, Market Place, Middle Gate.
There is also an introduction by Tim Warner describing the town and its industries in 1900.